How do you make a Lotus Exige S even faster?
Step 1: make it roofless (and of course get rid of those silly things called “doors”)
Step 2: Upgrade the engine setup to put out 450 horsepower and 332 lb/ft of torque
Now you’re all set.
The new Lotus 3-Eleven has the ability to go 180 miles per hour and get to 62 in less than 3 seconds. Imagine that, a Lotus, neck and neck with a Nissan GT-R in a straight line.
Check out the specs here:
- 450 horsepower and 332 lb ft from the supercharged 3.5 V6
- Below 2000 pounds (in race trim)
- 4-piston AP brakes and Michelin Pilot Super Sport (road)/Cup 2 (race) tires
- Up to 473 pounds of downforce (in race trim)
- Starts at $128,998 (road) and $151,049 (race) without VAT
The unveiling took place at the Goodwood Festival of Speed: